This has got to be some kind of record, me saying that I'll be posting FO pictures soon and then actually doing it.
Here is the unveiling of the Mogul Sweater!
The official specs -
Pattern: Schoeller Stahl Woman's Cardigan
Yarn: Schoeller Stahl Merino Stretch, 9 skeins
Needles: US 8s and 10s, Addi Turbos
A lot of modifications as you can see from the original pattern pic. Basically, the sleeves are shorter, the collar's longer, and I made button bands instead of inserting a zipper. Love the buttons!
Thoughts: I generally like this sweater a lot. The yarn is very snuggly and not itchy at all. That said, I don't want to knit with stretchy yarn anytime soon. I adore all the patterns out there with say, Calmer, but I just had a really hard time with tension with this project and in the end, I think one of my biggest problems with the odd measurements is because of the extreme sproinginess of the yarn. Also, I just barely had enough yarn for everything (a wisp of a handful left) and that's also probably because I knit too loose. But overall, I'm happy with the modifications I made and happy with the end product.
Next up, Michelldon!
Pattern: Sheldon on Knitty
Yarn: Leftover randoms of Peruvian Highland Wool and Berocco Ultra Alpaca
Needles: US 6 Clover dpns, US 5 crochet hook
Googly eyes instead of black ones. Also instead of an icord attachment (talk about fiddly!!!) for the shell top to the shell bottom, I simply attached the two pieces using the crochet hook. I don't even know what the name of the stitch I used was, just a single hook between a loop in the shell and a loop on the botton part.
Cute! Fast! Economical!
That said, I dunno about toys and all their bits. I was about to go nuts after the third leg.