The dragon, it roars!
As you can see, I ran out of green for the hoodie so I had to improvise. My roommate assured me that it was still "wayyy cute".
Pattern: Baby Dragon Hoodie
Yarn: Berocco Lullaby (2 skeins green, 3 skeins blue)
Needles: 7 for trim, 9 for body
The pattern was really easy, even with hardly any directions (all charted). The yarn was horrible to work with! Marnie warns that it snags but snag is an understatement. This yarn even catches on carpet! It is also splitty and sort of ribbony so it's hard to get an even stitch. In addition, I made the spots using duplicate stitch and it was really hard to cover the blue stitches with the green stitches, creating a mottled effect on the spots. I will call this a feature of the sweater. In conclusion, I will never work with Lullaby again. HOWEVER, it creates a very soft fabric, which is nice for babies.
Lessons learned from the Olympics:
- I can do it if I put my back into it
- Time limits are not for me. I think it makes me create a sub-quality product in exchange for meeting a deadline.
- I candooit
I'm so glad I didn't choose an adult size sweater.
Pattern: Twisted Rib
Yarn: Esprit Puzzle in Denim
Needles: US1s (Crystal Palace, Brittanys, and Susan Bates Silvalumes) dpns
The yarn was all right. Cheap. I'm glad I chose this pattern because it helped make it more "squashy" feeling. I used a bunch of different dpn's for experimental factor and it didn't make much of a difference to the final product.