The crash that comes after a drug induced euphoria is almost too much to bear.
I am of course, talking about returning from Stitches West.
Kris is undertaking the admirable task of recapping the trip day by day. I wouldn't want to steal her thunder (Friends reference anyone?) so I'll let her do that. NO, I'm not just being uber lazy...
- FUN fun funnnnnn! I think this may be an annual thing.
- It's amazing how much you can learn in a real class with an instructor, despite the plethora of books, internet tutorials, and magazines at our disposal.
- Art Fibers - I don't know what to say about that amazing place. It's like that guy in high school that no one really paid attention to at first glance, but if you take like 5 minutes to get to know him you find that's he's actually quite attractive and interesting but still no one notices and then years later they know him as Jake Gyllenhaal and you can be like, "Yeah, I did him. It ruled."
- Jake Gyllenhaal = The Hotness. Humina. Humina.
- You need to be Marisa's friend because she buys as much yarn for other people as she does for herself.
- If you go to Pasta Pomadoro get the Salmon Spaghetti. Don't be fooled by the word "healthy" it's really yummy.
- Commuknity - cutest yarn store I've ever been to hands down. loveitloveitloveit.
- We are a klassy folk:
I decided to save stash pictures for display when I undertake projects with them. This way I don't have to take out all my organized yarn againy. Uh no, I'm not just trying to obfuscate how much I really bought this weekend.
Major pieces are blocking.
Not really necessary but I think it will make seaming easier. Am about to start on hoody part and spots and ears.
Nothing really to report except that I am going with the majority on the decision about the hems. I'm going to turn them over as directed. The attempt at getting the upper body decreases right is scheduled for tonight.
Bliss socks update:
Done with the first one, more than halfway done on the second. I feel bad for them. Clearly they are not going to be well loved because their existence is getting in the way of much more delicious sock yarn. (oh and so much delicious sock yarn has been acquired as of late!)
Anyway, I have a public cry for help. I hate my Brittany DPN's. The bendiness and stickiness can not be abided. Stickiness may be good sometime in the distant future when I make teflon socks but for the immediate future, they suck. My Crystal Palaces are great but they're disfigured. I will get another set of those, but while I'm at it, I'm on a quest for metal dpn's.
I want them to be 5-6 inches in length. I do not want stab-myself-in-the-eye-lengths. So far Addis, Inox, and Susan Bates all fail this requirement clocking in at around 7-8 inches. Besides, at that length I think they'll be bendy and like I said, icks to the bendy. Is there an obvious reason why metal dpns are at this longer length?
If there is a good reason I'll bite the bullet but can you tell me if the Susan Bates is just as good as the Addis? If so then I can just get the sock set and save an oodle of money.