Quick rundown of my holidays in CA:
- Last year the thing I didn't know a clue about that was all the rage was frozen yogurt (a la Pink Berry). This year was some Korean dude named Rain. Did you see this Stephen Colbert? Hella funny.
- Did you know they no longer make just fax machines? I wanted to get one for my parents so they can fax me their junk mail so I can explain to them it's junk mail but they don't make fax machines anymore! So now they have a 4 in 1 printer/scanner/copier/fax machine which is about 3 too many machines in 1 for them.
- 4 of my friends got engaged over the Christmas holidays! Congrats to Dave&Jude and Alana&Jeremy! I think they're all going to be married before me.
- I was surrounded by babies on Christmas day. 3 of my cousins were
pregnant last year and they all had their babies within a month of each
other so now they're all crawling around. So there was them and also
the old babies who are older but still babies. Let me tell you, being
surrounded by babies is a really damn good way of slowing down that biological clock.
- I lived in San Francisco for 15 years. You ask any SF native and there is a 9 in 10 chance they have never been to Alcatraz. I just visited Alcatraz for the first time a week ago upon the urging of Craig who has now gone twice. It's a decent outing and the audio tour is well made. I would recommend it.
- Lake Tahoe is surprisingly full of Mexican food and Koreans. The Koreans bring kimchee cup o'noodles with them. I was so jealous but my quesadilla was pretty tasty so it was all good.