Things that are too long for Twitting but too short to justify their own blog entries:
- Blur was pretty fantastic. I am pleased I knew 4 of their songs: Song 2 (duh), Beetlebum (Thanks, Rockband!), Parkside, and Girls and Boys. Thanks, John, for the tickets! Also, are you not pleased I did not steal your line and made a blog post about, "Blursday"?
- I seriously can't tolerate heat anymore. They call 90 degrees a heat wave here and I was like a wilted lily for a week. Although, I have enjoyed going to the neighborhood pub for a wine in their backyard at sunset. Finally the heatwave broke this morning and the familiar protection and cover of grey skies are back.
- Went to dentist this morning. Good news: No cavities! To quote, "Your teeth are good". Bad news: The sensitivity is because my gums are receding and I need special toothpaste. Not Sensodyne but like prescription toothpaste. To quote, "Your teeth are good. Except for those gums." Although I'm so relieved I don't have cavities, now I feel self-conscious about my gums and am worried I look like the Cryptkeeper and NO ONE TOLD ME BECAUSE THEY THINK THIS IS MY NORMAL SMILE.
- Going to the dog races tonight. A bit conflicted about this. On the one hand it should be fun. On the other hand I feel sorry for the dogs, like I feel sorry for horses at the racetrack. The only solution seems to be to drink my conscience away. Or maybe adopt a greyhound one day.
- Swine flu has broken into work. Workplace Resources have passed out hand sanitisers. I think in addition to this, they should put signs in the bathroom that say, "If you don't wash your hands you are a disgusting freak filthy manky bastard. Ask yourself, are you a disgusting freak filthy manky bastard? Have a nice day Cheers." (had to edit that to translate for British)