On Monday night when we returned from New York I slept perfectly fine through the night. I totally thought I escaped jet lag. But last night Craig and I both woke up around 2:30 and tossed and turned for the next 3 hours so I guess that first night was just due to sheer exhaustion.
So I'm tossing and turning thinking about the most random crap ever and this particular thing has stuck with me and I need your help. For some reason the image of this... thing... popped in my head and I can't remember what the hell it is:
- It is from either high school or college biology.
- It's like a really really small... thing... like you'd have to view it under a microscope but not too small that you couldn't kinda sorta see it with the naked eye.
- It is a living thing.
- It didn't have cute eyes like that, they were actually something else but they looked like eyes.
- That image is what I had to draw to show what I saw as part of the class.
- I particularly remember that a characteristic of this thing is that you can cut it in certain ways and that part will grow back but if you cut it some other way it won't... Or something like that was the takeaway message.
Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about??
Other things that flitted across my brain last night that I can remember:
- Wedding dresses
- Centerpieces for the reception
- If it is really stupid of me to contemplate a job in Mountain View
- What it would be like if I was really filthy rich
- How it was too cold outside the sheets but too hot under the covers and how this was possible
- Debated asking Craig to get me a glass of water
- Heard Craig get a glass of water, too lazy to ask for a sip
- How to cook a whole trout