The extended 30th Birthday Bash in Boston and New York was awesome-o and just what was needed to mark a milestone. This was Craig's first trip out to the east coast, which made it especially special.
Highlights from Boston:
- Happy happy joy joy reunion with my favorite pomeranian in the world, Lani!
- Yummy Cambodian food for the first time.
- Sitting on Kris and Brad's back porch drinking Dos Equis and munching on Sweet Chili Chips.
- Wedding dress shopping!!!
- Drinking at Cheers (the inside set).
- My first raw oyster. I liked it!
- Home cooked yumminess made by Brad helped gird us up against the eating out-fest in NY.
Highlights from New York:
- Food! Pho in Chinatown, steak at an Anthony Bordain restaurant, yummy chicken quesadilla, pizza from Grimaldi's (there was no line! For future reference this was at 6:27 pm on a Wed night.) bibimbop for my birthday hangover meal. For next time: pastrami sandwich.
- Franz Ferdinand's awesome jam session when they all rocked on the drum set at the same time!
- The Bodies Exhibition - only gross for like 5 minutes and then it was just super super cool.
- Model as Muse exhibit at the Metropolitan museum - really interesting and fun for an inner fashionista, a bit too crowded for the fashionista's boyfriend.
- Walking across the Brooklyn bridge and checking out Brooklyn with Shar.
- Star Trek on opening night (yes, it was a highlight, I really liked the movie!! Neeeeeerd!!!)