I don't think I have an addictive/obsessive personality. I admit, once an interesting idea grabs hold of me, I latch on for a bit while I figure out the how's, why's and where-to-for's of it. But when my curiosity becomes satiated my efforts are quickly abandoned.
This is what I suspect of my recent focus on food. So enjoy the food posts while they last. I'm sorry if my recipes are crap, I'm not a food blogger. Hopefully it's enough info to re-create them for your own palate. I'm NOT a cook, so everything I show is easy enough for a monkey with one arm to make. (Ok some chopping is involved so maybe a monkey with one leg)
Inspired by Toast-Point's Shrimp Toast, I made my own variation because I don't have fish or peanut sauce and I'm not sure I know what chutney is.
Pre-cooked, pre-tailed frozen shrimp(I got mine from Trader Joe's)
Pre-minced garlic (I owe Cindy an entire bottle of this stuff)
- Heat up some olive oil and butter in a pan. When the butter foams, throw in some garlic. When the garlic sizzles, pour the mess over some slices of french bread and pop it in the toaster oven. Don't turn it on yet.
- Pick out the least droopy bits of cilantro and mint (I had to do a lot of picking as this was the tail end of my supply) and chop them up together. I like putting them in a cup and using scissors because I am lazy and have dull knives.
- Chop up the tomatos and shrimp all crazy like.
- Throw all these chopped up things back in the garlic/olive oil/butter pan. Throw in some more garlic for good measure. Sprinkle a healthy dose of Cayenne pepper and regular black pepper.
- Shit! Turn on the toaster.
- When the bread is toasted, pour the yummy mess in the pan over the bread.
- Eat while watching The Two Towers. AGAIN.
Notes: I know, there are no measurements. Whatever man, I'm not a cook. Use as much or as little of everything as you like. Also, I used a toaster oven. You may not own a toaster oven, in which case you can use the oven but I don't know what temperature. You should really get a toaster oven, they are awesome.