Hmmm those yellow things look like pineapples, but it's not. It's polenta!
While I was browsing the pasta aisle, I was intrigued by some ready-made polenta in a tube. You read right: In A Tube!
I've never had polenta but it just sounded so cool I had to get it when I saw it while grocery shopping. And since it's ready made it's a no brainer to use. They also had rectangle shaped ready made polenta but I got the one in a tube because dude, it's in a tube!
- Polenta-inna-tube (I found mine at Ralph's in the pasta aisle by the "weird" pasta, i.e. wheat pasta)
- Marinara sauce
- Some sort of grated cheese
- Chicken breast
- Herbs that you like to use with chicken breast
1) Grill a chicken breast smothered in herbs (I used thyme, dried basil, dried oregano and olive oil and grilled it on the Foreman)
2) While the chicken is going slice up some polenta and fry it on a pan in a little olive oil.
3) While the polenta is frying heat up some marinara sauce.
4) Arrange polenta on a plate, pour marinara sauce over it.
3) Sprinkle some grated cheese (I used romano).
4) By now, the chicken is almost done. When it's fully cooked, slice it up and arrange on plate.
The polenta was so yummy I cut up a few more slices for tomorrow's lunch:
I just made sandwich-like thingees with basil leaves and leftover grated cheese, then fried it for a bit back on the pan.
Polenta be awesome. I'm excited to try more dishes with it. It's like creamy and filling and has a mild taste so I think it would go with a lot of things.