Thanksgiving day dinner went off without a hitch! I was so busy with the food I completely forgot to take pictures - booooo. But a few things I've learned:
- Turkey on the bbq grill - Good idea. Turned out fabulously juicy and browned to perfection as well as freeing up the stove and oven.
- No matter how disgusting turkey innards are I have to save them or else I have to resort to chicken bouillion gravy. It turned out all right, but it's just not the same.
- I personally liked the stuffing from the crockpot best. Although admittadly mushy compared to stuffing in the turkey. Stuffing from the oven is still TBA as it is currently combined with mashed potatoes and sweet potato casserole in a Post-Thanksgiving Layered Leftover Carbo Combo Pie (Thanks for the idea, Kris!).
- Snappy green beans with bacon was a hit, just a spoonful of leftovers and that's only because people are too polite to take the last bite. The moral being: Add bacon for instant pizazz.
- Help is vital - I thought I'd have time to shower in between making the stuffing and casserole but if my mom wasn't around I'd probably have ended up stinky and in sweatpants at dinner.
Durhh, I'm kicking myself again for not taking pictures.
I also saw Walk the Line this weekend. I recommend it. I am hearting Joaquin Phoenix and I have fully forgiven him for being a creepy incestuous creep in Gladiator. Reese Witherspoon was also a joy to watch, but I may be biased as I am a proud owner of the Legally Blonde dvd.