Everyone has stories they will remember forever and will probably bore their grandkids to tears as they tell them over and over again. Here are mine.
- Won ~$700 one New Years - Around my freshman year in college I went to some New Year's party thing and at the stroke of midnight the people organizing the party started throwing stuff in the air. Everyone thought it was fliers. I grabbed a handful and saw that it was $20 bills. Stupid me, I screamed, "OMG it's money!!" and then everyone dove for it, but not before I got my share, aww yeah. Rumor has it that they were only supposed to throw $1s. I think I bought everyone after party food at Denny's or something. Or maybe we went karoake.
- Survived roll over car accident - Me, Angelina, Joe on the way to a party (ok ok, a rave, hahaha). Our car spun out and flipped over the side of the road. Everyone walked away. Gee, can you blame me for being optimistic about life?
- Smoked Leonardo DiCaprios cig - Was at a club in LA and apparently it was celebrity night (I also stood next to Tobey Maguire - very short and a bad dancer =P) and ended up dancing next to LD. He was so fucking drunk and he practically shoved his cig in my face. I took a tentative puff, said "Uh thanks" and handed it back to him. He was kinda grody looking with a baseball cap and sweats.
- Was returned home by strangers (briefly mentioned here) - When I was really young, my upstairs neighbors kid wanted to rebel. He stole some money out of his mom's purse and dragged me to some mini-mall. He bought me ice cream. We realized we were lost. Strangers picked us up, took us to their home, and called his parents. I remember they had a nice black dog.
- Was on TRL - When I went to NY two years ago, my friends and I got tickets to be on TRL. You have to be under 25 so that was our last chance (another reason being 25 sucks). Anyway, the guests were Pink, Smallville guy, and Jack Black. It was pretty fun but we were pressured to look like we were having THE TIME of our LIVES ("eeeeeeeeee~!").
One of my fears is that I will one day be talking to people and they will quip, "Heard it."
And then I say, "Oh but how about the one when I --"
"Oh but you did'n --"
"Heard it. I'm going to the bathroom now, bye."
Which means I must fill my life with more stories so that this never happens to me.